- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- a pinch of Baking Soda (1/8 tsp)
To avoid sticking:
- cornstarch or flour for dipping cookie cutters
- cooking oil for soaking the flattener
- Small cooking pan
- Wooden stick
- Flattener (any round object with a flat surface, with your desired size)
- Cookie cutters
- Baking paper/parchment paper
- Cook sugar in a small cooking pan.
- Stir constantly until it caramelizes.
- Turn off heat. Add baking soda and stir.
- Pour it on parchment paper.
- Gently press it with the flattener (soaked in oil)
- Put cookie cutter (dipped in cornstarch) on top with your desired shape.
- Let it harden and peel it carefully from the parchment/baking paper.
- Wipe with tissue to remove excess oil from the flattener
- In making these honeycomb candies for the first time, patience is the key.