Sunday, September 27, 2020 | 3:00 PM EST
Hyatt Regency, Tysons Corner Center — 7901 Tysons One Place, Tysons Corner, VA
• 1st Place: $1,000 + prizes + spend a day with an executive chef
• 2nd Place: $500 + prizes + K-Seafood goodies
• 3rd Place: $300 + prizes + K-Seafood goodies
• K-Food & K-Seafood Goodies: For the first 10 registrants
• Social Media Prize: Air Fryer for the finalist with most “LIKES” by 10/15/2020
• An opportunity for Culinary students and K-food enthusiasts to create a K-food dish using the provided ingredients to prepare their Korean dish.
• Open to legal residents of the United States of America at least 18 years of age, culinary students and K-food enthusiasts. Contest is NOT open to professional chefs.
• Finalists must be present at the Hyatt Regency on the day of the contest.
Contestants & Finalists
• To enter, participants must complete and submit the online registration form at www.KfoodinUS.com. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
• Deadline to apply for the Cook-Off is September 20th.
• First 10 to apply will receive a K-Food and K-Seafood gift bag.
• 3 Finalists will be selected from among the participants to compete in the K-food Cook-off based on the questions answered on the form. If the selected participant cannot make the date of the contest, they must forfeit and the next participant in line will take his/her place.
• Finalists must submit photo images and bio for promotional purposes.
• Finalists must provide consent to the KfoodinUS.com and its social media to share images, recipes, videos and information provided for this contest.
Executive Chef, Barrel & Bushel at Hyatt Regency, Tysons Corner
Executive Chef, Anju Restaurant, DC & 2018 winner of the K-Food Chef Contest
Executive Chef, 2941 Restaurant, VA
Former Executive Chef, Dirty Habit Restaurant at Hotel Monaco, DC
Judges will score each dish on presentation, originality, creativity, taste, and Korean influence.