MARBLE RICE CAKE
New Variation on Rainbow Rice Cake | 마블 떡
This rice cake is an inspiration from mujigaetteok (무지개 traditional rainbow steamed rice cake) with some modern touch. It contains five-colored steamed in shape of marbles. Quite unlike conventional rice cakes, sweetness with some hints of sourness is remarkable. This is an ambitious experiment to open a new chapter for Korean desserts.
3 cup (270g), salt 1 tea spoon (4g), sugar 5 table spoon (60g)
Strawberry powder 1 ½ tea spoon (6g), mugwort powder 1 teaspoon (2g)
- Mix rice powder with salt and sugar and sieve all together.
- Divide the mix into three (100g each) and blend one of them with strawberry powder and another with mugwort powder. Add a little water, knead and then sieve.
- Put each color of power in layers into round shaped mold, put lemon jam and fill the rest with rice powder.
- Flatten the top and put into a steamer to steam for 15 minutes.
- Take out from the steamer to cool, and then flip the mold to let the rice cakes come out.